Saving energy starts with gaining the right knowledge. Take advantage of the numerous energy-saving tools and resources below—and start saving energy like an expert today!
Plus! Read the following tips and see how you can start saving more energy every time you use your major household appliances.
- Set the temperature on your water heater to 120°
- Run your dishwasher only when it is full
- Cover pots and pans when bringing water to a boil
- Clean your cooktop thoroughly and often
- Clean your dryer’s lint filter after each and every load
- Dry consecutive loads of clothing to take advantage of retained heat
- Keep your thermostat set at 78° in the summer and 68° in the winter
- Clean or replace dirty AC and/or furnace filters every couple of months