Combining A Strong History With An Even Stronger Future.
Florida Public Utilities (FPU) has been providing energy to homes and businesses throughout Florida since 1924. In 2009, Chesapeake Utilities (NYSE: CPK) acquired Florida Public Utilities. At that time, Chesapeake was operating in Florida under Central Florida Gas. The acquisition expanded Chesapeake’s energy presence throughout the state while allowing FPU the opportunity to grow and expand its services. Chesapeake Utilities and FPU share a combined rich history spanning 150 years. Our commitment to distributing safe, reliable, fairly priced energy remains unchanged. Central Florida Gas serves customers in west/central Florida area. In August 2010, FPU purchased the natural gas operating assets of Indiantown Gas Company. FPU now serves approximately 700 residential customers and several commercial customers in Indiantown, Florida. In December 2011, the Company purchased Crescent Propane providing Newberry, Florida and its surrounding areas with propane service. Purchased in February 2012, Barefoot Bay, a community propane gas system in Indian River County, was another of FPU’s propane acquisitions. On August 21, 2012, FPU was granted a non-exclusive franchise to provide natural gas distribution services within the City of Okeechobee. The thirty-year Agreement will bring natural gas service to residential and commercial customers. Okeechobee has convenient access to both coasts and all of Central Florida. The Company looks forward to its role as an area partner in this community. In February 2013, FPU purchased the operating assets of Glades Gas Company in Okeechobee and Clewiston, Florida. On December 2, 2013, FPU acquired the natural gas distribution and operating system from the City of Fort Meade. Propane Districts:
- Barefoot Bay
- Fernandina Beach
- West Palm Beach
- Winter Haven
Scope of Services
- FPU currently provides natural gas, electricity and propane gas service to growing residential, commercial and industrial markets throughout Florida
- FPU is dedicated to providing customers with the direct tools they need to save energy and costs in their homes and businesses
- Through our network of “Energy Partners”, we offer customers a wide array of services to help them install and maintain energy-efficient gas appliances in their homes and businesses
Helping Consumers Save Energy
- FPU encourages ‘greener living’ through energy conservation rebates, commercial incentives and value-added services, including Free Energy Check-Ups
- We believe that educating our customers (and consumers in general) about the benefits of conserving energy and energy-efficiency is one of the most vital services we can provide. We continuously look for ways to expand our energy conservation efforts and are always prepared to help our customers find ways to save energy and costs
- FPU is committed to helping Floridians save while reducing their environmental impact through statewide energy conservation and numerous other earth-friendly initiatives
- FPU is committed to doing all it can to support the communities in which we serve, work and reside. We encourage the participation of all of our employees in community events and in support of local organizations. We believe that our involvement will help to build stronger communities, benefiting our customers, employees and shareholders
- Our team members make a personal connection with organizations that are important to them through payroll deductions to the United Way, as well as yearly participation in walks and events in support of local organizations and charities. FPU continues to have a strong and valued presence in the communities we serve. Click for a list of organizations supported by FPU and its employees.