Take The Guesswork Out Of Your Energy Bills.
Sign Up For Budget Billing Today.
Weather, changing fuel costs and new appliances are among the various factors that can cause your FPU bill to fluctuate during the year. But thanks to Budget Billing, you can help stabilize your monthly energy costs, prevent spikes—and enjoy the comfort of knowing that you’ll pay the same amount each month.
Or call 800.427.7712 (Natural Gas / Electric Customers) / 855.583.4973 (Propane Customers) to request an application.
Or, scroll down for more information on Budget Billing.
How Budget Billing Is Calculated
- FPU will calculate your monthly energy cost by averaging the amounts of your last 12 energy bills
- The average total will be increased to account for energy cost inflation
- The only time your monthly amount may differ is if you received service work during the previous billing cycle or specific circumstances cause your amount to be re-budgeted
Reviews Of Customer Accounts
- On a semi-annual basis, FPU will review your Budget Billing account to ensure that monthly budget payments are not drastically over or under stated
- If you have a 10% variance of your current budgeted amount, your account will be recalculated and the revised Budget Billing amount will be assessed
- On an annual basis, FPU will evaluate accounts on Budget Billing. Customers will NOT have to ‘true up’ the difference between the actual accounts and the amount paid through Budget Billing
- Any differences will be rolled into the next year’s recalculated monthly billing amount in the form of either a debit or a credit
- Customers need to establish year-round service with FPU for at least 12 months—with a zero balance—in order to enroll
- This program is only available to residential customers, who can enroll at any time
- New Budget Billing accounts will become effective on the first of the month following enrollment
- If you are not satisfied with Budget Billing, you can discontinue the service at any time. (FPU recommends that you stay in the program for at least 12 months to understand the true benefit of Budget Billing throughout the seasons)
- Any Budget Billing account that becomes subject to collection action will be automatically removed from the program